04 juin 2011

The future looks bright (to me)

Lately I feel like I have been sleeping through most of my life and am only waking up now. Well, hopefully I'll catch up soon.
I have been reading like mad ever since this "waking up": I found blogs and tweets and web sites about localization and all what goes with this industry and can't seem to get my eyes off them. It feels like addiction.
It's highly motivating&interesting to me, and although I fail to grasp everything, I'm learning day after day, post after post, comment after comment.

Here are some concepts learned thanks to the comment made on the piece of news that Google is shutting down its MT API:

- Well....API :D
- LSP
- Deprecation

Looking forward to learn more...

By the way, this is not the only reason why future looks bright to me this morning ;)
I received my "machine translation post-editor intern" contract from my supervisor yesterday. The kind of thing that gets you in a good mood. Moreover,he's invited me to participate to a conference on translation that takes place before my start date, which I'm really flattered and excited about. Add to that my discovery about a translation and localization services provider headquartered in my beloved Bologna and you get the picture. Oh yes, very bright.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire